Choosing a college involves many factors – it’s a big decision. That’s why York Technical College strongly encourages prospective students to take part in a campus visit. It’s one of the best ways to see if the ‘fit’ is right for you. Here are a few ways to make your visit experience more valuable:
- Plan early. Choose a day where you can be relaxed and you don’t have to worry about rushing somewhere else.
- Come prepared with questions of particular interest to you. We’re willing to personalize the visit to meet your needs.
- Look for an opportunity to talk with students and college staff about their experiences at our college.
- Take notes and snap a few photos. We love showing off our facilities and it can help you keep all the details straight.
- Involve your family in the process. They have a stake in this too.
- Take the tour even if you feel you’re already familiar with the campus. There’s always new improvements going on.
- Spend some time in the student center or other central gathering spot. It will give you a good sense of the college’s overall atmosphere. They are also good places to check out information on student events and activities.
York Technical College currently offers two types of campus tours:
Blue and Orange Tour (General Campus Tour)
This tour provides an overview of the York Technical College Campus, with exposure to the entire academic program suite. This is a general overview geared towards first time visitors or those that have not researched our academic programs.
Self-Guided Walking Tour (Drop-in Tour)
This tour would provide a campus issued map along with access to audio descriptions of campus buildings. At the conclusion of the tour, individuals will visit the One-Stop Center to learn next steps about the enrollment process.